The BBF scholarship program is intended to advance the research career of the BBF scholar and to enhance the research productivity of the supervising university member.
Scholarships will be provided to high-quality candidates for a period of doctoral research in the health sciences particularly related to respiratory diseases or other chronic diseases under the supervision of an experienced, active researcher.
The BBF scholarship is open to an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia who is eligible for university studies in Australia and will enroll in a tertiary course.
BBF Selection Criteria
Selection of the recipients will be based on merit with one or more of the following criteria being considered:
- Clinical experience and/or research experience in respiratory diseases or other chronic diseases
- Research proposal for the tertiary course to which the recipient is currently enrolled or shall be enrolling in
- Professional accreditation in their discipline
- Grade average and performance in an undergraduate tertiary course
- Potential for leadership in their discipline
- Recommendation from an academic in their discipline